Tram western bypass Munich
Stadtwerke München GmbH
The local public transport plan of the city of Munich includes the new build of the tram western bypass.
This tram route should be approx. 9 km long, and runs from Romanplatz in the north to the underground station Aidenbachstraße in the south, via 16 stops.
As the basis for the road, rail and open space planning, a performance capability survey was carried out for the significant hubs, and optimisation potential was shown.
In doing so, analysis zero case, prognosis zero case 2020 and 2030 and various implementation cases were investigated.
- Documentation of the area of investigation
- Checking and if necessary further development of preliminary planning
- Conceptual traffic light planning
- Carrying out performance capability surveys in accordance with RiLSA [Guidelines for traffic lights] and HBS [Handbook for the dimensioning of road traffic facilities], taking into account public transport acceleration
- Definition of meaningful implementation cases from various hub variants
- Preparation of materials for PR work