Use of dams for drinking water supply in Saudi Arabia
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH
GTZ GmbH was assigned by the Ministry for Water and Electricity, to carry out a survey on the future use of reservoirs for drinking water supply and/or agricultural irrigation at various locations in Saudi Arabia.
The task consisted of three phases:
- Feasibility study with identification of suitable dams and structural measures for utilisation
- Usage study for selected locations and suggestions for targeted measures
- Draft and execution planning for the tender of structural measures (tanks, pipelines, pumping stations, water treatment plants etc.)
The aim of the survey, was to use previously unused water storage (dams) for the drinking water supply too, through targeted treatment.
In this project, Vössing supported the team of experts at GTZ in all areas of project management, specialist monitoring, managing subcontractors and reporting.
- Project management
- Coordination of subcontractors
- Deadline management
- Support in Arabic language