Permanent connection Fehmarn belt
The cross border railway line between Denmark and Germany is possible due to an approx. 18km long tunnel, and connects to the existing routes and plans of Deutschen Bahn AG and Banedanmark (Rail Net Denmark).
It is part of the European TEN-T network, and is planned according to the requirements of TSI, and equipped with ERTMS Level 2.
In addition, the different power systems in Germany and Denmark must be considered.
The assignment includes planning and consultation with regards to all railway technology issues:
- Superstructure (Permanent track in the tunnel, ballasted track at the junctions)
- Signalling technology and telecommunications (ERTMS Level 2); Overhead contact line systems and energy supply
All railway relevant interfaces to the trains and the approval authorities involved in both countries, are also included.
- Approval planning
- Planning for award procedure
- Award documents (Design & built)
- Consultation on approval planning (plan approval process in Germany, Construction Act in Denmark)